Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Coconut Oil Pancakes


Pancakes...who doesn't like them for breakfast?  Or sometimes, for dinner!  Every-so-often we'll have a "breakfast for dinner" meal, and this is one of the kids' favorites.  You haven't tasted great pancakes until you've tried making them with coconut oil.  These are the softest pancakes with an oh-so-subtle coconut flavor to them.  SO GOOD!  And easy to double or triple or quadruple to meet your family's needs.


1 c. flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 c. milk (for thinner pancakes, use 1 c. milk)
2 Tbsp. coconut oil

Combine all the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients.  Make sure that your coconut oil is in liquid form; if it's not, simply microwave it for a few seconds until it's melted.  Stir the mixture as you add the oil, and mix the batter until it is completely combined and fairly smooth.

Then scoop the batter up, place it onto a preheated griddle, and allow the pancakes to cook over medium heat.


When bubbles form and the edges look solid, the pancakes are ready to flip.


These pancakes turn such a nice, golden color.


After only a few minutes of cooking, your pancakes will be ready.  Repeat the cooking process until your batter is gone.  See if you can keep up with your family's appetite; my kids give me a run for my money--as soon as I finish one batch of pancakes, they are ready for the next!


16 comments:

  1. These pancakes were delicious! Thanks for posting. Have you ever doubled the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them! Yes, I double, triple, and quadruple the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use almond flour instead of regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabby, I am not sure. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. How does almond flour compare with regular flour in other baked goods? I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these today and they were so yum! ( I added choc chips too hehe)
    Thanks for this great recipe :)

    Anamika
    NZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a little holiday twist on this recipe but substituting half of the milk for eggnog creamer and they were absolutely delicious, one of the best recipes! Thank you for the recipe Tricia! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didnt know you could use coconut oil as substitute in pancakes... They were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I use water instead of milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably could, although the pancakes may not brown up as much as the natural sugars in milk help to make that happen.

      Delete
    2. How about sweeten condensed milk omit the sugar

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. wonderful animal stories online

    ReplyDelete
  12. I discovered your this post while searching for information regarding blog-related research ... It is a good post .. keep posting and updating information.parenting videos online

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried substituting coconut oil in to my other pancake recipe and they turned out awful. I'm so glad i found your recipe, These are really good! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made the batter just now and it is lumpy is it the coconut

    ReplyDelete