Thursday, May 16, 2013

Simple Grilled Barbecue Chicken

One of the best parts about summer is grilling food!  I think pretty much anything tastes great on the grill.  Last night I wanted to take our normal grilled chicken up a notch in flavor.  I found one last package of thick cut bacon in my freezer, so I thawed it out and skewered it to boneless skinless chicken breasts.  I had my husband use a lot of barbecue sauce, basting the chicken generously each time he turned it.  Once it was done, we topped it off with a little shredded cheddar cheese.  Delicious!


Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts
4-6 (or more!) slices of bacon
barbecue sauce
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

skewers for keeping the bacon in place, unless you prefer to wrap it around.  (Our bacon slices were short and fat, so I had to use this method.)


No comments:

Post a Comment