Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cocoa Dusted Almonds

I had these treats not quite a year ago at a friend's house.  Enjoyed them, but never gave them another thought...until yesterday.  Suddenly, I really wanted to have some!  So, I attempted to make them myself and they turned out pretty good!  Even better with M&M's! ;)  The best part is that there are only 4 ingredients and the finished product can be ready in under 15 minutes!


Ingredients:

2 c. raw almonds
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder

M&M's (optional)

Baking temperature: 350 degrees
Baking time: 10 minutes

Here are the ingredients I used:


Start out by pouring the 2 c. of almonds into a small bowl.  Add the 2 Tbsp. agave nectar and stir until all the almond pieces are coated.


Next, line a cookie with parchment paper and pour the almonds on top.


Spread the almonds out a bit so they're not in one big clump.


Bake for 10 minutes, stirring the almonds around a bit at least twice during the baking time.


Immediately after baking, place the almonds into a bowl, add the cocoa powder, and stir/shake to coat.


I found that doing an initial chocolate coating, followed by spreading the almonds out and allowing them to fully cool, and then doing one last coating (I placed the almonds in a ziploc bag and shook them up) provided the best results.

M&M's are optional...I find that 2 M&M's to one almond is the perfect ratio! ;)


Caution: Sneaking cocoa almonds doesn't work for some people...the evidence is written all over her face!


No comments:

Post a Comment