Wednesday, July 3, 2013

No-Bake Cheesecake

I found this recipe years ago, I think through the Kraft company.  It's one of my favorite summer desserts.  Pair it with the graham cracker crust recipe and you have perfection!  I like that it's a bit lighter than a standard cheesecake.  I am not a huge fan of cheesecake--I can eat a little of it and am happy to be done--but this I can easily eat a full slice!


Ingredients:

2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 small tub of Cool Whip, divided
1 graham cracker crust (see the highlighted link above for the best crust recipe!)
Strawberry halves
Blueberries

Start out by by beating the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl until well-blended.



Gently stir in 2 cups of Cool Whip.




Spoon this mixture into the (cooled) pie crust and spread evenly.



Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until the mixture has set.  (I tend to forget about the need to refrigerate this recipe...and I've discovered it's not a big deal.  It still sets up well and tastes great!)

After allowing the cheesecake to cool for a bit, spread the remaining Cool Whip on top.


Now it's time to add some berries!  (Feel free to use your favorites)



If you're using strawberries, cut them in half.


Go ahead and decorate the cheesecake however you wish.  Create your own pattern.  If you live in the U.S., you can make it resemble the flag if you like.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Tricia! We are going to make it today. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete