Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ranch Dressing

I think ranch is my favorite salad dressing. But my discriminating taste buds don't care for the bottled variety you can buy at the store. Call me a salad dressing snob; I will wear the title proudly. Because after all, I have a homemade version of ranch dressing that can be easily made and tastes SO good compared to the stuff in a bottle. I played around with a basic ranch dressing recipe and spiced it up just a little bit, although you can leave those spices out if you just want a traditional ranch flavor.


Ingredients:

2 c. mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!!)
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (can increase amount for extra spice or omit)
1/2 tsp. chili powder (can increase amount for extra spice or omit)
2-4 Tbsp. milk (add milk if you are wanting a dressing you can pour on, adding until you are satisfied with the consistency; leave it out if you want a thicker veggie dip)

Combine all of the above ingredients and stir well. Store in a bowl or jar and keep it in the refrigerator when not using. Tastes best when it can sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before using. Dressing will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Feel free to halve the recipe...we eat a lot of salads and veggies at our house, so we go through a larger amount relatively quickly.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to try this. I am like you. I find myself wanting a salad at home then not liking the dressing I've bought.

    ReplyDelete